ON THE EYEBALL FLOOR
AND OTHER STORIES
From the Nebula-nominated author of Ironskin comes Tina Connolly’s first full-length collection, with two dozen stories spanning a decade of writing.
These inventive and compelling stories contain tales of transcending cyborgs, shapeshifting bears, sentient hands, rogue GPSs, superhero moms groups, zombie chipmunks, and a story told from the point of view of a paddle in Pong.
Her stories have been described as original, charming, delightful, unexpected, poignant, mystifying, beautiful, horrific, intricate, darkly funny, imaginative, fascinating, and just plain weird.
The 25 stories and 3 poems include her prequel story to her Seriously Wicked series from Tor Teen, as well as one new story exclusive to the collection.
"Enticingly varied first collection . . . Connolly writes with a vividness that immerses the reader in her scenarios and makes their unpredictable endings all the more fulfilling." -- Publishers Weekly
AT A GLANCE
- ON THE EYEBALL FLOOR AND OTHER STORIES by Tina Connolly, Fairwood Press
- Trade Paper, On Sale Date: Aug 16, 2016 - 9781933846569
- Find it at Fairwood Press, Goodreads, Powells, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or Indiebound.
- Gorgeous artwork by Kazuhiko Nakamura
- Introduction by Caroline M. Yoachim
- (PS to younger readers who've wandered over here from Seriously Wicked: Although many stories are YA-friendly, they are not all YA stories, and the collection as a whole is darker than Seriously Wicked.)
"Connolly’s debut collection brings together two dozen stories that feature the same fantastical strangeness as her celebrated novels . . . Darkly funny, imaginative collection." -- Joel Cunningham, Barnes & Noble SF Blog
"Connolly tells mesmerizing, emotional stories through a range of voices that is as varied as it is impressive. . . .like a great character actor she makes this masterful variety seem effortless." -- Alex Shvartsman, UFO Publishing