STORIES READ BY ME
I've been narrating stories for awhile now and I love it. Fills the theatre void. (Well, except my microphone doesn't applaud and throw carnations, alas.)
- Carnival Nine by Caroline M. Yoachim
- The Fall Shall Further the Flight in Me by Rachael K. Jones
- Thirteen Incantations by Desirina Boskovich
- When it Ends, He Catches Her by Eugie Foster
- The Cellar Dweller by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Promise by Christi Nogle
- Where Monsters Dance by Merc Rustad
- A Hollow Play by Amal El-Mohtar
- The Mermaids' Tea Party by Samantha Henderson
- The Screwfly Solution by James Tiptree, Jr (I read the part of Anne.)
Want to hear something short? I have a flash fiction podcast called Toasted Cake. (Winner of the 2012 Parsec award for Best New Podcast.) Here's a few of my favorite flash fiction readings (and it was hard to pick, guys, I love them all) and there's loads more at the Toasted Cake site!
PODCASTS OF MY OWN SHORT FICTIONSOMEWHAT NEWEST FIRST
- The Last Banquet of Temporal Confections, the Hugo & Nebula-nominated novelette about pastry and revenge, read by Alethea Kontis in two parts for Cast of Wonders #366 and #367.
- The Two-Choice Foxtrot of Chapham County, a short look at the dance you do when none of your choices are good ones, read by Julie Hoverson for Podcastle #599.
- Super-Baby-Moms Group Saves the Day, a story about parents of tiny superheroes struggling to cope, awesome full-cast reading on Podcastle #356 (nominated for a Parsec!)
- Moon at the Starry Diner, a love story about a girl and a bear, read by J. S. Arquin, on the Overcast #37
- Selling Home, where a girl on a tower of bridges has to make a hard choice, read by Chloe Yates, at Cast of Wonders #212.
- That Seriously Obnoxious Time I Was Stuck at Witch Rimelda's 100th Birthday Party, prequel story to the Seriously Wicked series, at Podcastle #439, read by Gina Freeman
- Paperheart, a very short story about a girl made of words, at Podcastle #344, read by M.K. Hobson.
- Old Dead Futures, a sharp, dark story at Drabblecast #371, read by Hugh O'Donnel.
- A Memory of Seafood, my MFK Fisher-esque food column, on Drabblecast #316. Read by Kelley MacAvaney.
- Flash Bang Remember, written with Caroline M. Yoachim, and read by Diane Severson Mori. Generation ship SF, at StarShipSofa #320
- One Ear Back on Beneath Ceaseless Skies #97. A retelling of an Icelandic fairy tale, read by me!
- A special Drabblecast doubleheader featuring me! Norm Sherman reads my weird flash pieces A Day Out, With Stereoscopes and Hard Choices. I read my poem And My Sinuses Are Killing Me, and I talk a bit about writing the two flash stories. It's alien encounters like you've never heard them before. Ep #204.
- On the Eyeball Floor on Escape Pod #209. Cyborg Factory SF, read by Norm Sherman.
- Turning the Apples in Pseudopod #177. Dark Zombie SF, read by Cayenne Chris Conroy.
- The God-Death of Halla, in Beneath Ceaseless Skies #11. High fantasy, read by Scott H. Andrews. And! In Podcastle #183, read by Jen Rhodes.
- Birthday Wish on Podcastle #29. A funny little flash read by Grammar Girl.
- The Goats are Going Places on Podcastle #108. Snarky high school fantasy, read by Melissa Bugaji.
- Me on Toasted Cake: Ten, Zebedee the Giant Man, Rehydration.
- Available for purchase: See Dangerous Earth-Possibles! as part of the Women Destroy SF audiobook, produced by Skyboat Media. Read by Harlan Ellison (yes, *the* Harlan Ellison.)