stories read by me
I've been narrating stories for awhile now and I love it. Fills the theatre void.
(Well, except my microphone doesn't applaud and throw carnations, alas.)
Want to hear something short? I have a flash fiction podcast called Toasted Cake. (Winner of the 2012 Parsec award for Best New Podcast.) Here's a couple of my favorite flash fiction readings (and it was hard to pick, guys, I love them all) and there's loads more at the Toasted Cake site!
As of April 2016, I have a new role as one of the current co-hosts of Escape Pod! Super delighted to be on the team! Check out the current episodes at escapepod.org
podcasts of my work
- Super-Baby-Moms Group Saves the Day,
a story about parents of tiny superheroes struggling to cope,
awesome full-cast reading at Podcastle (nominated for a Parsec!)
- Moon at the Starry Diner, a love story about a girl and a bear, read by J. S. Arquin, at the Overcast
- Selling Home, where a girl on a tower of bridges has to make a hard choice, read by Chloe Yates, at Cast of Wonders.
- That Seriously Obnoxious Time I Was Stuck at Witch Rimelda's 100th Birthday Party, prequel story to the Seriously Wicked series, at Podcastle, read by Gina Freeman
- Paperheart, a very short story about a girl made of words, at Podcastle, read by M.K. Hobson.
- Old Dead Futures, a sharp, dark story at Drabblecast, read by Hugh O'Donnel.
- A Memory of Seafood,
my MFK Fisher-esque food column, on Drabblecast. Read by Kelley MacAvaney.
- Flash Bang Remember,
written with Caroline M. Yoachim, and read by
Diane Severson Mori. Generation ship SF, at StarShipSofa.
- One Ear Back
at Beneath Ceaseless Skies. A retelling of an Icelandic fairy tale, read by me!
- A special Drabblecast
doubleheader featuring me!
Norm Sherman reads my weird flash pieces A Day Out, With Stereoscopes
and Hard Choices. I read my poem And My Sinuses Are Killing Me, and I talk a
bit about writing the two flash stories.
It's alien encounters like you've never heard them before.
- On the Eyeball Floor
on Escape Pod. Cyborg Factory SF,
read by Norm Sherman.
- Turning the Apples
in Pseudopod. Dark Zombie SF, read by
Cayenne Chris Conroy.
- The God-Death of Halla, in
Beneath Ceaseless Skies.
High fantasy, read by Scott H. Andrews.
And! In Podcastle,
read by Jen Rhodes.
- Birthday Wish
on Podcastle. A funny little flash read by
- The Goats are Going Places
on Podcastle. Snarky high school fantasy, read by
- Me on Toasted Cake:
Zebedee the Giant Man,
- Available for purchase: See Dangerous Earth-Possibles! as part of the Women Destroy SF audiobook, produced by Skyboat Media. Read by Harlan Ellison (yes, *the* Harlan Ellison.)
audiobooks of my work
The whole Ironskin trilogy was narrated by the amazing Rosalyn Landor
I get a lot of questions about audiobooks for the Seriously Wicked series - I am planning to do these myself! I'm *seriously* looking forward to it. Of course, I'm a bit behind. Ahem. Hoping to release the first one in late 2017.