The only thing worse than being a witch is living with one.
Camellia's adopted mother wants Cam to grow up to be just like her. Problem is, Mom's a seriously wicked witch.
Cam's used to stopping the witch's crazy schemes for world domination. But when the witch summons a demon, he gets loose -- and into Devon, the cute new boy at school.
Now Cam's suddenly got bigger problems than passing Algebra. Her friends are getting zombiefied. Their dragon is tired of hiding in the RV garage. For being a shy boy-band boy, Devon is sure kissing a bunch of girls. And a phoenix hidden in the school is going to explode on the night of the Halloween Dance.
To stop the demon before he destroys Devon's soul, Cam might have to try a spell of her own. But if she's willing to work spells like the witch -- will that mean she's wicked too?
In Connolly’s witty, effervescent novel, mother-daughter angst and high school drama is spiced with a 21st-century flavor. The author constructs a magical and whimsical world, where ancient spells echo math word problems and Witchipedia is just a cell phone click away. Readers, especially those who are fans of fantasy and YA romance will adore this clever genre mash-up.
-- Evelyn Khoo Schwartz, School Library Journal
AT A GLANCE
Connolly exhibits a sharp wit and a keen tongue that make Seriously Wicked a fun read.
-- The New York Journal of Books
- Read the opening! First scene is right here on my website, or find the whole first chapter over at Macmillan.
- Read the prequel story! All the fun and none of the spoilers! Here at Tor.com.
- Hear Spencer Ellsworth sing Devon's song "Lion Tamer" ! Right here on SoundCloud!
- And then read Spencer's guest blog on SF Signal about recording Devon's song for me in his best boy-band boy voice.
- Five Books Where the Girl Saves the Boy, on Tor.com (Katniss and Peeta, for starters!)
- WitchClick's Four Things We're Crazy About This Week!, aka, clickbait listicles from the world of Seriously Wicked, at On Starships & Dragonwings
- Interview and discussion of what makes Cam a hero at Dark Faerie Tales
- Podcast interview! I'm delighted to be on AISFP #300, talking about Seriously Wicked with Brent and guest host Riley of their new YA Book Club.
Connolly delivers a clever, lighthearted take on a world where witches and other magical creatures abound.
-- Melissa Albert, Barnes & Noble Teen Blog
Someone has to say it and it might as well be me: Seriously Wicked is seriously adorable.
-- Carrie S., SBTB